For many people organic dog food sounds great but what exactly makes this food any different from regular canned or bagged dog food? What are the main differences in the ingredients? Why is the cost so much more than regular pet food? All of these questions have answers and for the new-to-natural pet owner the answers need to be given.
To understand the difference that natural organic pet food has to offer we first need to define what organic pet food is. Basically natural pet food or organic pet food is made with little to no chemicals and composed of plants and meat that are grown free of chemical compounds. That means that everything from the fertilizer used on the plants to the grain feed to the chickens is chemical free. This process is actually more expensive as most farms are run with chemical cleaning and production. To cut out that chemical process means that farmers have to closely monitor the plants, animals, and surrounding environment to ensure organic naturally pure results.
There are many types of organic dog foods on the market today. Knowing which ones are the best can be difficult undertaking. However, fret not my pet! We have selected five organic dog foods that all dog owners should know about.
Below are our review of the top five organic dog foods that owners should give to their pets:
This bag of pre-mixed pet food is one of the newest organic food products that people can buy. What makes this organic so special? It is completely all natural and this is what makes it special. This food is made from 14 different herbs as well as 9 vegetables and 6 certified organic grains. Dr. Harvey’s Canine Health does not contain any chemicals whatsoever. The food also contains no dyes as well as no preservatives that can cause a doggie harm.
There are quite a few organic ingredients and other key ingredients in this dog food. Barley Flakes, Kamut Flakes, Brown Rice Flakes, Rolled Oats, Spelt Flakes and Triticale Flakes are the organic ingredients in Dr. Harvey’s Canine Health Dog Food. The vegetables that are put into the dog food include Beets, Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Zucchini, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes and Parsley Leaf. Fennel Seed, Ginger Root, Oat Straw, Rose Hips, Peppermint Leaf and Rosemary Leaf are some of the herbal ingredients.
Adult canines that take this dog food will look healthier, their fur will look shiner and they will feel healthier and more energized. Adult’s will also have healthier bowels when they eat this dog food.
- Holistic blend of 6 organic grains and 9 dehydrated vegetables.
- Improves vitality, joint flexibility, digestion and appetite.
- Supports skin and coat health.
- Loved by even the pickiest eaters.
- No preservatives, dyes or chemicals.
This specific product is relatively new. Dogs will love this organic product because of the ingredients that are in them. The ingredients are designed to help a dog feel healthier. The dog food has only all natural ingredients in it and it is produced in a facility where human food is made and not a pet food plant. This means that the dog food has to meet very high standards before it is sold in stores. Certifications, inspections and increased scrutiny.
Some of the ingredients that are in the Honest Kitchen KEEN Dog Turkey and Organic Grains Diet dog food are carrots, organic oats, organic kelp, apples, rosemary, cage-free turkey, organic flax, garlic and cabbage. Other ingredients include potassium iodide, zinc amino acid chelate, iron amino acid chelate and tricalcium phosphate.
One of the best new organic pet foods on the market, simply because it helps dogs feel energized. Dogs’ coats will look glossier soon after starting. The food is also in dehydrated form, making it easy for dogs to eat and digest. This dog food is best suited for adult dogs.
- AAFCO complete recipe made with cage-free turkey, organic whole oats and simple garden produce.
- Moderate calories and protein, for adult dogs of all breeds and sizes.
- Made with minimally processed, dehydrated, whole-food ingredients in the USA.
- No by-products, preservatives or GMO ingredients.
- Easy to prepare, simply mix food with warm water, stir well, wait 3 minutes and then serve with love!
This popular organic pet food is specifically made for canines of all ages and sizes. A simple organic food that canines will love. Dogs with sensitive digestive systems will especially love this food because it is designed for dogs with sensitive digestive systems. There are not many ingredients in this organic food. Actually there is only one ingredient in it. That ingredient is 100% organic sweet potato.
Dogs will enjoy the taste of this food because of the texture. Dog owners who have dogs that have a sensitive digestive system should get this food. After a few weeks they will notice their dogs will look healthier and they will have much more energy.
- High in Vitamin A and fiber, helping to support healthy digestion
- Suitable for cats and dogs of all life stages
- 100% pure and USDA Organic
- Sweet potatoes are high in vitamins, calcium, iron, and potassium. They are also an excellent source of beta-carotene
- Use Nummy Tum Tum Pure Sweet Potato on top of food, or as a treat on its own
One of the top organic products for 2012 is Castor & Pollux Organix adult dry food. People who feed their canine Castor & Pollux Adult Dry Food will be pleased with how much their pets will enjoy eating this food. Reviews back this claim up.
Your pet will love this food because it contains chicken meat that is human grade. The chicken meat is dried, which is good because canines will be able to easily digest it. The food is a great source of protein.
The ingredients are simply bar none. Organic Quinoa is in this product. Organic Quinoa! This is a plant that is a great source of protein and contains minerals, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Organic Millet is also in the food. This ingredient is filled with amino acids as well as B-complex vitamins. Organic broccoli and organic pumpkin are also ingredients in this dog food. Both of these ingredients are high in fiber and provide dogs with vitamin A, C and E. These are just some of the quality ingredients that are in Castor & Pollux Organix’s chicken meal. The chicken meal will benefit a dog’s intestinal health and it will help a dog get a healthy coat and maintain healthy skin. There is no soy, wheat or by-products in the food.
- Made with organic, free-range chicken as the first ingredient, plus organic oatmeal, barley, peas, and superfoods blend.
- Formula is easy on sensitive tummies and has barley and oatmeal to support healthy digestion.
- With special blend of nutrition-boosting superfoods including flaxseeds, blueberries, and coconut oil.
- Provides a complete diet for dogs of all ages with lean protein, vitamins, minerals, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, plus probiotics.
- Cooked in USDA-accredited organically certified USA kitchens, with no soy, corn, chemicals, fertilizers, antibiotics, hormones, artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
This organic product from ORGANIX is designed for small dogs. The food contains organic chicken which provides dogs with a good source of protein. Dogs’ overall health will improve as they consume this food because the food contains a good source of vitamins and minerals.
Some of the ingredients that the food contains is organic pea, organic brown rice, organic oats, organic pears, organic pumpkin, organic quinoa and organic millet. Other ingredients include calcium iodate, potassium chloride, niacin, biotin, vitamin B12, vitamin E and vitamin D3.
ORGANIX also has organic gem is designed for dogs of all sizes. The other types of food that ORGANIX has is just as good as their food for small dogs. All of the ingredients in ORAGNIX’s products are natural and good for canines. Anybody who has a furry friend they want to keep in good health should consider trying ORGANIX organic dog food.
Trying ORGANIX organic food will make your pet feel more youthful and their fur and skin will look better than it has ever looked.
- Made with organic, free-range chicken as the first ingredient as well as organic sweet potatoes and organic peas.
- Probiotics and prebiotic fiber help to support healthy digestion and the powerful blend of superfoods add extra benefits.
- Organic flaxseed, blueberries and coconut oil provide extra nutrition and health benefits in a mouthwatering meal.
- Bite-sized kibble is specially designed for smaller mouths so your small breed dog can enjoy the same taste and benefits as larger pups.
- USDA Organic formula is made with at least 95% organic ingredients for a healthy and thoughtful recipe.
You’ve all heard about the benefits of Organic food for people, but did you know there are Organic foods for your dog? Dogs, like people, need to have a proper diet to too maintain their good health. An organic diet has been well promoted for people, but it has also spread throughout the canine world. Organic dog foods are now being considered by many dog owners, it has been said that this type of food has longer positive health benefits over non-organic foods.
So, if you would like to learn more about the effects of organic dog food, here are a number of benefits that your dog can acquire by receiving this type of diet.
1) Organic dog food can help your pet in battling allergies and skin infections over the long term. Flavor enhancers, artificial colors, toxic pesticides and chemical additives are not present in the organic type of food, making it all the more effective and healthier for your pet. It also contains grain sources and protein with higher nutritional value. Overall, your dog’s immune system will improve and have stronger resistance to skin infections.
2) Your dog will have fewer digestive disorders when you feed it with organic dog food. It is is easier to digest compared with other forms of pet diets. It is more easily consumed by dogs. Your dog will have fewer digestive complications. There is less risk of diarrhea, bloating or even gas. You will see the improvement in your dog health just by analyzing their bowel movements.
3) Organic food helps your dog in a holistic manner. Your dog will have an overall improvement in its health. Not only that, but it contains better sources of nutrition compared to non-organic dog foods. Thus, making it a wonderful choice if you are concerned about the overall health of your dog It gives an immunity boost that lessens the risk of acquiring dangerous threats to your dog’s system. Surely, this will have a huge positive impact on your dog.
4) Dogs fed a proper diet and living in a healthy environment will tend to have a longer life. Just like humans, dogs require good food to stay healthy and live longer. The best nutritional food that you could ever provide your dog is organic dog food. It’s nutritional content shall greatly affect your dog’s immune system and it is less likely to catch allergies and sicknesses.
By treating your dog in a manner that you like to be treated, you will be more effective in taking care of him. Organic dog food serves as one of the best options out today. Having an edge over commercial brands, it is a very effective choice. Making the best food choice is critical for your dog’s life, thus, make the best decision right from the start and let your dog experience the benefits of eating organic dog food.